Sunday, January 3, 2010

A warm-cold Sunday

I could never imagine that reading a book under the blanket could be so fun. And that too, on a Sunday. Yes friends, I spent almost the whole day in my room. And with the heating blower on and JEFFEREY ARCHER'S short stories in my hand, I coverd myself in blanket the whole day.
We had planned to head off for The Hot water Well in Sohna, a night before. The time was fixed at around 6 a.m. Mom told us that she would prepare rice, daal, pooris and salad for the trip, as I had convinced everyone for a picnic. After Sohna, it would have been Damdama Lake.
But getting up at quarter past seven, I knew that the fog will not allow us. Upset, I lazed around, reading the book, having a shower, then breakfast. I spent some minutes in the park, hoping to see the Sun God. But the weather forced me in.

It was around noon that I discovered the joy in lazing around on a cold winter holiday.
Those who know me know that I do not like laying in bed for long. But I must admit that the warmth of my room and quality of the stories kept me engaged for good.

No comments: